Many colleges and universities now offer local interviews that are performed by an alumnus or alumna who lives in the student’s hometown. A student who has submitted an application to a particular school may have the option to request such an interview.
Some students, however, are too afraid to interview, while others do not derive benefit from interviewing because they do now know how to prepare.
The benefits of College Interview Preparation:
- A student’s chance for admission to a college will be increased if the student is
well-prepared for the interview and handles it appropriately.
- The student can gain a much stronger sense of whether the college will suit his or her needs/preferences. Choosing a college is an important, expensive decision; the interview provides the student with an opportunity to learn as much as possible about a college before committing to it.
In College Interview Preparation, the student will
- learn the facts – and myths – about college interviews
- prepare to discuss typical college interview topics
- learn how to deal with unexpected questions
- prepare questions to ask the interviewer
- learn what to take to the college interview
- learn how and when to follow up with the interviewer
College Interview Prep is usually completed in 2 sessions which typically last for 1 to 1½ hours each. The student will do some work in between sessions. For more information, parents may contact me to arrange a phone consultation. You will not be subjected to a sales pitch. We will simply discuss the student’s needs, and I will provide you with information and answer any questions you may have. For fee schedule, click here.
Given the highly competitive atmosphere at high schools in Naples, please be assured that information regarding any student’s college interviews will be held in the strictest of confidence.